Second project and after the first one we have done I do not think anything can be better.
First time I read the brief I did not understand it , to be hones I did not understand it unitl I read it like 15 times! Create a collection , analyze it and reassemble it? That was very strange .
Once I understood the idea a little bit I was confused again, what should I collect if all my personal things or at least most of them were back in Spain! So the dilemma was if I should start a new collection or be creative and find one to do my project about.
After a few brainstorms I was still on the same stage and position, nothing! Now I was worried , normally my problem is that I have too many ideas but this time I did not have any and that was a big problem because we were already one week in and the project was due in two weeks.
The final outcome had to be a book thats the only thing I knew so I started to ask for help to my family and friends, spent ages on pinterest and visited some exhibitions to see if my creative part of the brain would wake up but still nothing…
One day , in class, Mathew did a talk that really helped me , he gave me a different point of view when talking about what is a collection and how to make one. After this lesson I had the idea of doing a collection about my Spider-Man projects , I was excited about it and thought it could work but none liked it and some people even made fun of my idea so I thought I should change it. As the collections and object I had were useless to create a collection I came up with the idea of creating a new collection from 0. I had 16 days left till the dead line so I named my collection 16 days , a collection of a daily illustration for 16 days.
My fail? no time to do the book and the analayze part as I had 16 days left and the project was about 16 days so when the crit week came I just had some illustrations on a very simple book. I liked but apparently I was ht only one who did and the teachers were a bit hush on me about this project.
Once I got everything explained on my sketchbook I really liked the project but to make sure I worked a bit more on it, while I was doing some further research I came up with some need ideas , the one I liked the most and thought I could do a project about it was doing a collection of fonts. Doing our last project I realised I am not very in to fonts even if I love them and I need it to learn more about them and learn new ones so I decided I could do a collection of a daily font and do some research on it . As I had a lot of time left I decided to call the project 30 days 30 fonts and during this 30 days I would choose a new font for me every day and then do some research on it and its author.
That is the final outcome: